Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Back in Colorado

Sorry for the long delay between posts. I returned from the RTNX Adventure Race late on July 1st and then flew off to Michigan on July 4th for a 5 day camping vacation with my family. I wouldn't recommend taking another trip on an airplane so soon after a big adventure race. The swelling in my feet had just started to subside on the 4th when I subjected them again to the wacky air pressure and constant sitting of three separate flights to get all the way to Grand Rapids, Michigan. Puffy feet again.

I haven't yet finished my race report, but I'll post it here as soon as it's done. It'll be a doosy! Suffice it to say the race was quite an experience! I was cold and wet most of the time, but I truly enjoyed it. Bottom line is that my team finished 15th out of 23 teams. Since our goal was merely to finish, I feel pretty good about our accomplishment. Here we are crossing the finish line on Saturday afternoon. This photo was on the front page of the local newspaper the next morning. I have a strange knack for getting in the newspaper.


It's good to be back home in Colorado again!

No comments: